Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty Ten


Can you believe the 1900's are firmly behind us now? Doesn't it seem like yesterday we thought Prince's "party like it's 1999" was so far away? The number 2010 is quite dramatic to me and signifies a new decade and era even more than when the calendar turned to 2000. So, what do we do now that we are at the beginning of not just a new year, but a new decade? I think it's important at the beginning of the year to take inventory of what each of us has in our lives both physically and spiritually. It's a good time to asses the positives and negatives in our lives and figure out what we need and what we can get rid of, both figuratively and literally. Look at yourself and your life honestly and decide what things need to change and what things should remain the same. Change can be very positive and healthy. At the start of a new year, it's fun to take up a new hobby or activity....especially for us edging up there in age. It stimulates the mind and body and keeps us engaged and growing. My plans for the New Year are to simplify, simplify. I'm going to continue to edit things out of my life and home that are extraneous. I will organize my office and notes for work. I plan on volunteering more--I'm looking at Project Open Hand, the SF Child Abuse Prevention Center, and the SF Golden Gate Parks and will figure out which groups work best with my schedule. I'm going to jump into the pool and start swimming a couple of days a week and Danny and I are going to resume ballroom dancing. There will be personal things to work on as well, but I'm not going share those! Lo siento. Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy year. Be safe and enjoy time with your loved ones, whether they are two or four legged!

No comments:

Post a Comment